This is a super scrummy light dish and this recipe is based on a serving for 2 people
1 garlic clove
100ml double cream
zest of 1 lemon
Basil leaves (to serve)
- Cut off the asparagus tips and save for later, chop the remaining asparagus finely and boil for 3 minutes with the garlic clove
- Blend in a food processor or nutribullet till a sauce is formed
- Boil the tagliatelle and asparagus tips together for 3-4 minutes until al dente
- At the same time pour the double cream and asparagus sauce into a separate saucepan and mix together heating through (be sure not to let it boil)
- Combine tagliatelle with the sauce and the lemon zest
I am attempting to get my family to adapt to a healthier lifestyle so made my first homemade burgers. I served these with sweet potato fries (3 sweet potatoes worth) as they are a favourite of mine and some broccoli. The burgers came out really well and I can’t believe it’s taken me till now to make them, will definitely be making again in the future.
This recipe makes approx 4 burgers depending on how large/small you want to make them.
500g Turkey Mince
3 Spring Onions
60g grated low fat cheese
- Chop the spring onions across ways so they become small circles
- Mix the onion with the mince and cheese
- Refrigerate for around 15-20 minutes
- Grill on a medium heat for approx 25 minutes until they are golden brown
I absoloutely love Italian food so rustled up this yummy pasta dish for dinner. I used my Nutribullets milling blade in order to make the pesto but this can be done with a food processor if you have one.
This recipe will serve two people 🙂
> 25g walnut pieces
> 2 garlic cloves
> a handful of fresh parsley
> 4 tbsp olive oil
> zest of one lemon
> 1 small red onion
> 1 tbsp olive oil
> 140g wholewheat pasta
> 250g mixed pepper antipasto (drained)
> 50g parmesan
Put the walnuts, garlic and lemon zest into the nutribullet until fully blended. Then add the parsley and oil and reblend.
Quarter and seperate the onion and heat olive oil in a frying pan (cook until they are nicely brown).
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
Drain pasta and add the pesto, onions and peppers.
Stir well and then add the parmesan.
These are super easy to make and I love them when I just fancy something light for dinner so put them with a bed of salad.
1 salmon fillet
1 tablespoon of fat free greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 an egg
A sprinkling of fresh chives
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Preheat oven to 170oc (fan) then cook the salmon fillet for 20 minutes wrapped in foil
Once cooked, flake the fish into a large mixing bowl and combine with the yoghurt, eggs, chives and mustard and mix well
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan
Spoon the fishcake mixture in (I use silicone rings here which enable me to get a fishcake shape)
Cook for approx 2-3 minutes each side until golden
Serve with salad and enjoy!