This recipe should make 16 bars 🙂
2 apples chopped and cored (with the flesh on)
150ml apple juice
40g mixed seeds (I used pumpkin and sunflower)
1 heaped tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180oc/160oc fan/gas mark 4
- Mash the bananas well with a fork
- Add in the apples, seeds, cinnamon, raisins, apple juice, oats and mix well
- Grease a baking tray and spread the mixture so it is roughly 2cm thick
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Allow to cool and cut into slices
I am a huge fan of Nakd bars and so decided i’d try and make my own version of them at home. This was my first attempt at making something raw and I am looking forward to trying lots more raw recipes in the future! These are so so quick to make and easy so something for everyone.
200g of pecan nuts
250g of dried figs
100g of dried dates
1 tsp of vanilla essence
The zest of 1 orange
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160oc fan/180oc conventional and cook the pecans for 3 minutes, ideally till they are a shade darker but be VERY careful that you do not burn them.
- Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, put in a food processor with all the other ingredients and blend until everything is mixed well and sticks together.
- Spread the mixture into a rectangular tin and put in the fridge for an hour.
- After the hour, move into a airtight container and store in the fridge.